The central bank's resistance to the plan led to an ``acceleration of the pace of liquidation of independent banking supervision,'' Balcerowicz, 59, said in a televised interview with Bloomberg News on Friday Sept. 1 in Warsaw. ``Even more unprecedented was the creation of a special parliamentary inquiry to
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank