The central bank said Parnoja was appointed to the council on 13 October 1998, but his powers as member of the supervisory body were suspended after he was appointed economics minister on 24 March, 1999.
Parnoja was replaced on the council by MP Kalle Jurgenson from the Pro Patria Union party.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency