Bank of Latvia spokesman Edzus Vejins said Vreneli prize is awarded in five to six nominations annually and is the central event of the World Money Fair. Vreneli is a golden 20-frank coin, issued in Switzerland in the 19th century, with a young woman's profile on its obverse side.
The peasant girl Vreneli chosen as a model for the coin has become a
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously