Speaking at Central Banking Publications' Sovereign Wealth Management event, Sir John said that funds were "well-placed to play a contrarian role and help to stabilise markets by investing in times of stress."
"Sovereign wealth funds have long investment horizons and generally have no commercial liabilities," Sir
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security