The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung said the proposals envisaged rotation of membership on the bank's governing council and a correlation between a country's size and its influence on monetary policy.
ECB chief spokesman Manfred Koerber said he could not confirm the newspaper's report.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital