The central bank said on Friday that the new measures, to be implemented by 10 August, are intended to discourage malpractice and ease upward pressure on the won.
In recent months Korea companies have increasingly been borrowing in foreign currencies with lower interest rates, notably the yen. These funds are then subsequently converted into won for domestic use
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations