Although widely anticipated by domestic markets, the news knocked the volatile rand to fresh lows against major currencies, as traders fretted about uncertainty over who would succeed Cross, who is widely respected at home and abroad.
A central bank spokesperson said
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power