The changes, announced by Trevor Manuel, the finance minister, in his budget speech, increases the amount of assets that pension funds and other institutional investors can invest abroad from 15% to 20%. Manuel also eased limits on how much banks and money managers can invest overseas.
The announcements mean that exchange controls will be
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde