The Associated Press reported the country's supreme court had convicted Bhattarai of embezzlement, fining him $51,538 for the offence. Surendra Man Pradhan, a director at the central bank, was also convicted on the same charge and fined an equal amount.
The pair had said they had made payments of NRs24.5m ($390,000) to American consultants, bu
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré