The move is the first stage in a procedure that could determine certain European laws on insurance cover were violated.
"The Commission is examining the compatibility of the current regulatory and supervisory arrangements for Lloyd's, and on the basis of the information received from the UK, the Commission will decide
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS