Tremonti told a special legislative commission that the Bank of Italy, which supervises the nation's banking sector, "should have understood that something was going wrong in the case of Parmalat."
The commission was set up to examine how Parmalat, once seen as a model of
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously