Sir, Central bank independence has long been a touchstone for market confidence, especially in an era of increasing global interdependence. However, sometimes it is the politicians, the economists and/or the journalists who get it right, while central bankers hide behind their independence merely to protect their turf.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor