Mundell told Germany's Handelsblatt newspaper that G7 countries should set upper and lower boundaries for exchange rate moves.
Asked where the upper boundary would be for the euro-dollar pair, Mundell replied: "At around $1.30. ECB chief Jean-Claude Trichet could initiate intervention (then)."
The euro hit a record high just below $
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré