The cut leaves the central bank's main refinancing rate at 2%. The rate is equal to the all-time low set between 2003 and 2005. Support for the decision was unanimous.
Markets were expecting the cut, with the London Interbank Offered Rate for overnigh
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations