The leaked report raised questions about the appropriateness of the appointment of Rony Hizkiyahu, who was named as head of banking supervision at the central bank by the governor, Stanley Fischer, on 19 November.
Fischer is also reported to have called in the current supervisor of banks, Yoav Lehman, and two of his subordinates for
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard