In a speech to mark the central bank's 50th anniversary, Kufuor said that the central bank should cooperate with the government to achieve price stability and low inflation: "The discharge of the [central] bank's mandate calls for a close partnership, not in a subservient role, but rather as a complement to set
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank