Redenomination of the afghani will involve lopping three zeros from a currency so eroded in recent years it was trading at around 46,000 to the dollar on Sunday, reports Reuters.
The new banknotes, which go into circulation in Kabul from Monday and later in the week in provincial capitals, have a strong symbolic value, President Hamid Ka
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS