He was speaking at the annual meeting of bankers at the CBO offices. Sangour said that banks would shoulder responsibilities under risk-based supervision willingly. "Expected strong competition in the market will bring in increased efficiencies, from which, customers will be benefited, in the long run," he said.
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says