Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the Fed, said the rules were "intended to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive acts and practices in mortgage lending, while keeping credit available to qualified borrowers and supporting sustainable homeownership."
He added: "Importantly, the new rules will a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists