In comments to Swiss weekly HandelsZeitung Roth said: "We will review the situation at the end of September and assess the developments anew. If a correction in key rates is necessary, we would certainly do this".
The SNB is set to release its quarterly policy statement on September 20 when many analysts expect it to cut
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations