After announcing the sale, Brazil's real improved to BRR2.752 a dollar from BRR2.777. At 1205 GMT, the real had strengthened further to BRR2.743.
The BRR1 billion in nine-month NTN-D debt will mature in June. The sale is slated to end at about 1230 GMT and results are expected to be available shortly.
The monetary authority has been selling both dollars
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms