Shares in Tokyo soared on Wednesday, while the yen, which has been tumbling in recent weeks, strengthened to 134.56 against the dollar.
The benchmark Nikkei stock index ended the morning up 3.63% at 10,573.
Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is reportedly chairing a meeting of the policy-setting Council on Economic and Fiscal Policy, which will announce a package
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says