Second-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) was the same as in the first quarter, and only 1% up on the same period of 2000.
The figure had been widely anticipated, and was heralded last week by a forecast from the Bundesbank.
And although gloomy, the zero-growth figure was better than had been feared by some, after a swathe of depressing economic data throughout the summe
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde