Some members said at the 10-11 Aug. meeting that the central bank should carefully explain that it had no preconceptions about future monetary policy, the minutes also showed.
Board members also agreed that they would probably maintain an accommodative monetary environment with very low interest rates for some
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market