The comments came from Heng Swee Keat, managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. He was addressing a conference on corporate governance organised by the Commercial Affairs Department.
Calls had been made to tighten the level of corporate governance in Singapore following a spate of recent scandals, including the high-profile incident at China Aviation Oil.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations