"It is now prudent to begin returning interest rates to levels that will have less stimulatory effects on demand. By historical standards we do not expect a large adjustment in interest rates will be necessary," Governor Alan Bollard said.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector