Kuwaiti SWF to take 16% stake in Gulf bank

The Kuwait Investment Authority, a sovereign wealth fund, has taken a 16% share in one of the country's largest banks.

The sovereign wealth fund bought the stake in Gulf Bank, one of the country's largest lenders, after the bank's share offer was undersubscribed.

Shareholders subscribed to 68% of the offer, leaving the fund, as agreed, to buy the remaining 32%.

"Shareholders covered 850.6m shares representing KD255.2m ($883.8m). Private shareholders now own 84% of the bank with the Kuwait

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact info@centralbanking.com or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.centralbanking.com/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact info@centralbanking.com to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Central Banking? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account