Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya, said that east African commercial banks need to adopt sound risk management practices before the region's central banks can implement the Basel II accord.
The governor said: "Risk management does lie at the heart of Basel II and it is imperative that a 'risk management culture' be inculcated in banks as a precursor for implementation of the [Basel II] Accord."
The Central Bank of Kenya conducted a survey in 2004 that indicated Kenyan
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré