Ferevnc Madl, the president, and Zsigmond Jarai, governor of the Hungarian National Bank, have refused permission for a parliamentary committee to release information about their past contacts with the intelligence services.
The refusal could damage their relations with the centre-left government. The two are the most senior
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit