The appointment of Mr Friedman in place of Larry Lindsey, who left last week, will complete the reshuffle at the top of the Bush administration's economic team.
It follows Monday's replacement of Treasury secretary Paul O'Neill with John Snow.
Mr Friedman, currently a senior princi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power