The benchmark interest rate on overnight loans remains at 5.25 percent -- the same level it has been since the Fed began its "pause" nearly a year ago.
"Core inflation remains somewhat elevated," the Fed said in a statement with its decision. "Although inflation pressures seem likely to moderate over time, the high level of resource utilization has the potential to sustain those
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit