This cut would have come even earlier than the unexpected easing of rates on 18 April.
Minutes released yesterday (17 April) showed that members of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) "agreed that an easing on 11 April would not be advisable, inasmuch as the attendant surprise to most outside observers risked unpredictable reactions in financ
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor