"Since 1997, currency reserves at Asia's central banks have risen to about $3 trillion, much of it parked in U.S. Treasuries. On the one hand, that development is leaving fewer dollar-denominated securities in which hedge funds can trade. On the other, it sometimes causes illogical moves in markets and puts hedge funds on the defensive."
Asian central banks have acc
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency