Paulo Sergio Cavalheiro, the central bank's supervision director, described how requirements for Banco Santos to make provisions for bad loans had left it with negative capital, and how the bank had failed to meet banking deposit requirements with the central bank several times over the previous month.
The central bank wa
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations