Shizuka Kamei, a leading member of the LDP, urged Mr Koizumi to authorise additional spending of Y10,000bn-Y15,000bn ( £53bn-£79bn) to shore up the flagging economy, which is mired in its third recession in a decade.
The prime minister has made much of his pledg
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession