The panel said in a report released by the government Wednesday that the proposed amendment "would make dismissal of the senior management of Bank Indonesia very straightforward, completely negating the independence of the bank."
The government has been trying to amend the current central bank l
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor