The higher Australian dollar has dragged on the economy and evidence is increasing that a consumer borrowing boom may be cooling.
Monthly retail sales figures released shortly after the rate announcement showed the first fall in a year in spending. Analysts said that seemed to support the decision by the bank's policy-setting board to sit back and assess how
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting