Asked which government agency was responsible for Thailand's interest rate policy, Thaksin told reporters: "The central bank has the freedom."
Pressed further on a disagreement between the government and central bank on the issue, he said: "That does not matter. We would only
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS