The Reserve Bank increased its benchmark repo rate and cash reserve ratio to 9%. The benchmark repo rate rises half a point from 8.5% immediately, the reserve ratio by a quarter point for the fortnight beginning 30 August.
The central bank said that the policy decision was in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations