Buenvantura said in an interview that the Paris-based FATF's decision would encourage more portfolio investments and ease foreign exchange transactions.
"We had to prove that our [anti-money laundering law] is acceptable. It took some time for them to see that," the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas governor said
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart