The new financial monitoring commission will open for business on 1 February, with Viktor Zubkov, currently chief tax inspector for the St. Petersburg region, in charge.
The commission will be under government control, sparking criticism from those that believe that for it to be truly effective, it would need to be independent.
Russia has faced pressure
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde