Prime Minister Giuliano Amato and his cabinet on Dec 28 issued a decree to curb fixed-rate repayments on previously agreed loans from January at an estimated cost to banks of between 2.5 trillion and 3.0 trillion lire ($1.2-1.4 billion).
The decree also set a maximum rate of 12.21 percen
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank