In the FT interview, Sultan bin Nasser al-Suwaidi denied that the move was prompted by political motives and predicted that Gulf Arab countries would shift from the dollar peg to a floating exchange rate after the introduction of a single currency, scheduled for 2010.
Mr al-Suwaidi dismissed
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations