The latest decision cutting down the lending and discount rate by 1 per cent on the part of the CBE and the response by a number of banks to the decision was one of the most needed steps, given the sustained backtracking of interest rates worldwide, he added.
Addressing the capital market symposium that was devoted for discussi
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital