At its meeting on 7 January 2002 the Board of Directors elected Nout Wellink, President of the Netherlands Bank, to the positions of Chairman of the Board and President of the Bank for International Settlements for a period of three years commencing on 1 March 2002.
Nout Wellink will succeed Urban Backstrom, whose term of office as Chairman of the Board and President of the Bank for International Settlements expires en
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS