Click here to read the report on the IMF's web site
''There are clear indications that Japan's long-standing economic problems have eased," the IMF said in a review of the Japanese economy.
The Fund said it expected the Japanese consumer price index to fall 0.1 percent this year, with deflationary pressures ''ebbing to zero" by the end of 2005
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro