In an interview with Handelsblatt newspaper, Papademos said: "The accumulation of liquidity in the long run, and also the latest acceleration of growth in both money supply and credit demonstrate the risks. These risks could grow as economic recovery strengthens," he said.
He said the ECB's Governing Council makes decisions on interest rates not just based
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting