Luiz Fernando Figuereido, director for monetary policy, said the bank would offer $100m a day this week and $50m as of next week until the end of the month.
After the announcement, the Real strengthened 1 per cent to close at R$2.86 against the US dollar.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde