Anthony Santomero, a member of the Fed's policymaking Federal Open Market Committee, suggested in a speech to economists that public expectations of the Fed's abilities tend to be unrealistic.
"Some believe monetary policy can be used to manage overall demand with suff
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations