But China will allow Hong Kong banks, which do not meet the criterion, to open sub-branches in cities in which they already have a branch operation, the spokesman quoted HKMA Chief Executive Joseph Yam as saying.
Yam made the comment in Beijing after meeting China's vice premier
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde